North Primary School’s “Golden Spatula Award”
The Golden Spatula Award is an initiative to promote positive behavior in our school setting. Our matrix targets acceptable behavior in many different areas of the school. One area we are focusing on is our cafeteria. To help motivate students to follow North Primary School’s behavior expectations while in the cafeteria, we have created the Golden Spatula Award. The Golden Spatula is presented weekly to one class from each grade level who has consistently demonstrated these behavior expectations while in the cafeteria. The winning classes will display the Golden Spatula Award outside of their classroom for the week.
Criteria for receiving the Golden Spatula Award:
- I can use voice level ONE when eating my lunch
- I can use voice level ZERO when entering and exiting the cafeteria, as well as when cleaning up.
- I can eat my own food.
- I can use good manners and kind words. (Please & thank you)
- I can clean up my table/floor area and put trash in the garbage can.
- I can stay in my seat.
- I can raise my hand for help.
- I can keep hands & feet to myself.
- I can wait patiently in the lunch line.